My friend introduced me years ago to Billion Dollar Babes, which I thought at the time was the shopping Holy Grail and one of the best sample sales in San Francisco. Not sure why they stopped having their huge sample sales a few years back, but Gilt City San Francisco has stepped right in their place. The Gilt City San Francisco Warehouse Sale is a legendary two-day shopping party with clothing, accessories and home decor up to 90% off retail.
Now as great of event as this is, the Gilt City San Francisco Warehouse Sale is not for the faint-hearted shopper. Think of it as sending a kid to the largest candy store and giving them 30 minutes to pick out whatever they want while 500 other kids are doing the same. I really believe this sale could be considered a competitive sport.
Sounds overwhelming? Here are a few tips to help prepare you for any sample sale:
Top 6 Survival Tips For Mastering Sample Sales:
- Select a ticket with the earliest time slot available (early bird gets the best deal)
- Wear black or nude underwear for all clothing types (you never know if you’re trying on something low-cut)
- Don’t bring purses, bags or coats (this will only slow you down at check-in while others start shopping)
- Know your shopping priorities before going and make a beeline for that section when you enter
- Don’t be shy, the dressing room is one communal room (remember the Esprit Outlet)
- Get there early as there will be a line!!
Gilt City San Francisco Official Site: http://www.giltcity.com/san-francisco/